Prose Poetry

 

I sometimes wonder whether your embrace, warmth, and solace are all genuine. I don't think that will ever work for me, the way we had to split up just to find our own happiness. Will you still seek for me in the places where you feel helpless? Everything we've done has did make me feel like this isn't real—that we weren't true. The smaller details we got to share: us holding hands while running on the sidewalks at 2 am. Mesmerized by the stars and the black clouds that gradually turn azure as the sun appears. When I wake up next to you in the morning, I miss the sensation that you're the only thing I see and all I need is you. All of this, yet we are now adrift, trying to fill the voids even if we can't. What went wrong? Even if you urged me to, I can't bring myself to hate you. Why do I usually lay awake rather than sleep? It was you racing through my mind visualizing scenarios we couldn't do anymore. I tried everything, but it was your love that faded. You made me go through all of these mazes. Mysteries that were impossible to solve just to find out that your love no longer exists? What actually did happen? I tried to pick up the pieces you left on the floor, but I couldn't stretch out my hand to bring them to you. I was paranoid about losing you. Perhaps forgetting about you will help me go on? Yet, remembering your presence will make me miss you even more. When you left me alone, I felt thorns clinging to my soul, wounds that reflected the misery you left me with. I can't bring myself to despise you. If you do not really come back, at least I can say you're the one I kept searching for while I was stranded, the one I cherished the most. All those minutes we could have spent together were diverted to another intent: for you to leave me. Now, I’m all alone.ㅤ

Comments